Must-have personal travel items this long weekend
1. Wet wipes – should you need to eat during travel, use the public rest rooms during stop-overs, or accidentally hold something gross during the trip (especially for commutters).
2. Bottled water – don’t rely on the neighborhood water refilling station on every province you visit.
3. Familiar food – you’ll never know when your provincial host will serve their famous froglegs, or crickets, or okra salad (?). The spam that you take for granted everyday might just be your new best friend.
4. Basic medicines – stock on the basics, plus a few items that you think you may need. You may also want to bring a small bottle of white flower or peppermint oil to ease motion sickness.
5. Toiletries – soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, tissue, etc.
6. Lots of patience – no explanations needed.